Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Bad Girls

It never ceases to amaze me how often I'm cast as the "bad girl." I think it's because I don't look like a villain, but have a wild-card rollercoaster kind of energy which can work for the villain. Add to that a wicked sense of humor, cultivated by living with a humorous husband, and voila! As Daffy Duck says, "Despicable!"


I recently revisited some fearsome characters I've played, everything from The Big Bad Wolf when I was 6 to Annie Richmond, a sinful Southern belle who was trying to drive Edgar Allan Poe mad in "Poe Evermore." I especially thought of Annie when I was running around Washington Square Park. She would've given The Heiress a run for her money!


And now I'm pouring over a script with a character right out of the Wicked Stepmother realm.

The writer told me, "Have fun!" You know I will!




No comments: